Scene IV - Its everyone's first time

We had just trekked down, and having breakfast while it started raining. We thought we would miss out on more activities. But were not disheartened, 'cos everyone were geared up for more rounds of carom games. After the breakfast, we informed at the reception to find out booking for rafting and then decided to start carom.

Flashback:
Saturday evening's boards: Sree and I won against Atanu and Saket. Then the team got shuffled. Saket and I won against Sree and Atanu. And it took us 7 hours to have only played two full boards. That was quite a game.

So, we were all geared up for more rounds. We played for about an hour when we heard from the reception we had to leave for rafting. We didn't want to stop playing, neither did we want to miss out on river rafting.

We packed our stuffs, checked out from the resort and headed towards the rafting place. Its 30 kms ahead from the resort, we spoke to the people and got our route map.

It was the first time for all of us. I'm sure we all experienced our share of jitters inside. Th thoughts - How would it be? I don't even know swimming! Would the water levels be very deep? Would we really have control over it? Its everyone's first time!!

We had to park our car and move 7kms ahead in their van. The van carried the boat, the jackets, helmet and paddles. We would raft for 7kms and reach where we parked. Arun was our guide. He helped us get ready. I could hear my heart beats loud and clear!

3 years back, when I went to Goa, I had confronted my fear of heights going on a para-sailing ride. Only to realize how beautiful things look from a bird's view. But after I experienced an almost drowning, I had gotten the fear of drowning there. And now, here I was trying it out!

0 comments: